10th and 11th of September : 3rd International Conference MIGRATION & DEVELOPPEMENT
Paris School of Economics, the French Development Agency Research Department (AFD) and the World Bank International Migration and Development Program are jointly organizing the third international conference on “Migration and Development” - 10 & 11, september 2010.
The conference is devoted to investigating channels through which migration affects economic outcomes of developing countries. Possible topics include social networks and diaspora externalities, remittances, return migration, migration and the pattern of trade/FDI, brain drain, migration and institutional/technological change, migration and regional/urban development, and the effect of emigration on poverty, inequality, and human capital (education, health) formation in developing countries.
A selection of papers from the conference will be considered for publication in a special issue of Regional Science and Urban Economics.
- Direct link to the programme of the conference.
- List of participants
- Direct link to the dedicated page of this conference.
- Email contact : migration-development parisschoolofeconomics.eu
Lieu : campus Jourdan, 48 boulevard Jourdan, 75014 Paris
- How to access the PSE-Jourdan campus ?
- Details about the hotel : hôtel Mercure Montparnasse - Going from parisian airports to Montparnasse, see Air France buis.
- During the conference, specific bus from the hotel to the jourdan campus. 10th and 11th sept., departure at 8.30 sharp (the bus will be waiting at the corner of Edgar Quinet and rue de la Gaité - 200 meters from the hotel).
- Download the information sheet