Professor in Economics & Finance, Member of Institut Universitaire de France, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
Campus Jourdan – 48 Boulevard Jourdan 75014 Paris
4th floor, office 03
Phone +33(0)1 80 52 17 39
jean-bernard.chatelain univ-paris1.frPersonal website
- Financial Economics
- 2021. Inference on time-invariant variables on panel data: a pre-test estimator Economic Modelling, 97, 157-166. Free access until March 30: https://authors.elsevier.com/a/1cYQCyGFsPDaX. Older version: Version 1 with an Application to the Returns to Schooling
- 2020. Ramsey Optimal Policy versus Multiple Equilibria with Fiscal and Monetary Interactions. Economics Bulletin. 40(1), pp. 140-147.
- 2020. Hopf bifurcation from new-Keynesian Taylor rule to Ramsey optimal policy Macroeconomic Dynamics, online 17 January 2020 (ssrn hal rg mpra estor acad)
- 2019. How Macroeconomists Lost Control of Stabilization Pollicy: Towards Dark Ages.
- 2019. Policy Maker's Credibility with Predetermined Instruments for Forward-Looking Targets.
- 2019. Ramsey Optimal Policy in the New-Keynesian Model with Public Debt.
- 2019. Super-inertial interest rate rules are not solutions of Ramsey optimal monetary policy
- 2019. Imperfect Credibility versus No Credibility of Optimal Monetary Policy
- 2019. A Simple Algorithm for Solving Ramsey Optimal Policy with Exogenous Forcing Variables Economics Bulletin, 39(4), 2429-2440. (ssrn hal rg mpra estor acad).
- 2019. The Indeterminacy of Determinacy with Fiscal, Macro-prudential or Taylor Rules.
- 2018. Inference on time-invariant variables on panel data: a pre-test estimator (version 2) Version 1 with an Application to the Returns to Schooling
- 2018. Publish and Perish: Creative Destruction and Macroeconomic Theory, History of Economic Ideas, 26(2), pp.65-101
- 2017. Can we Identify the Fed's Preferences? (ssrn mpra)
- 2016. Countercyclical versus Procyclical Taylor Principles
- 2014. A finite set of equilibria for the indeterminacy of linear rational expectations models
- 2014. Stability and Identification with Optimal Macroprudential Policy Rules SSRN
- 2013. Government Solvency, Austerity and Fiscal Consolidation in the OECD: A Keynesian Appraisal of Transversality and No Ponzi Game Conditions
- 2013. Book review: “The Challenge of Financial Stability: A New Model and its Applications” by Goodhart C.A.E. and Tsomocos D.P (published in Journal of Economics, 2013)
- 2012. Spurious Regressions and Near-Multicollinearity, with an Application to Aid, Policies and Growth CESwp SSRN
- 2012. Can Statistics Do Without Artefacts (Prisme 19: translation 2012) HAL SSRN
- 2010. Video: Yet Another Effort, Macroeconomists, If You Would Become Revolutionaries (Conference Cournot 2nd December 2010)
- Stability versus efficiency of the banking sector and economic growth (Published as « Optimal Capacity in the Banking Sector and Economic Growth », JBF, 2002)
- Couts et benefices du passage d’une faible inflation a la stabilite des prix. Une comparaison internationale
- Tax Evasion, Investors Protection and Corporate Governance