PSE Chaired Professor
Research Director INRAE
Campus Jourdan – 48 Boulevard Jourdan 75014 Paris
5th floor, office 06
Phone +33(0)1 80 52 16 86
karen.macours at psemail.eu
- Agricultural Economics and development
- Evaluation of public policies in developing countries
- Human capital and development
I have conducted field research in Sub Sahara Africa, Latin America and Asia, working with a variety of stakeholders (national and regional governments, NGOs, bilateral and multilaterals agencies).
Some Selected Work-in-progress
Skills, heterogeneous quality of agricultural commercial inputs and learning through experimentation - Kenya (with Rachid Laajaj). More information here and here in the AEA RCT registry.
Dissemination of new agricultural technologies in Africa: making extension work - Uganda (with Luc Behaghel, Jeremie Gignoux, Monica Karuhanga Beraho, Jane Kugonza, Judith Odiol, and Margaret Najjingo Mangheni). More information in AEA RCT registry.
Adoption of improved seed varieties in DRC: experimental evidence on the role of supply constraints, targeting and intra-household decision making (with Tanguy Bernard, Sylvie Lambert, Margaux Vinez). More information here.
Long-term impacts of dissemination of biofortified crops in Uganda (with Julius Okello and Paola Mallia)
Cost-effectiveness study of early childhood parenting programs in Cote d'Ivoire.
- More information in AEA RCT registry.
- Info en francais: Etude Coût-Efficacité de deux programmes de Développement de la Petite Enfance
- News story on the study launch
- Article on the bigger project leading upto the cost-effectiveness study: Piloting, testing and scaling parental training: a multi-partnership approach in Côte d’Ivoire 2023 (with Romuald Anago, Tiphaine Forzy, Sosthene Guei, Charlotte Pelras, Samuel Ramde, Camille Tevenart, Julieta Vera Rueda), Frontiers in Public Health 11 (August): https://doi.org/10.3389/fpubh.2023.1106565
Increasing schooling outcomes through reducing menstrual stigma in Madagascar: the role of young female leaders (with Julieta Vera and Duncan Webb)
Long-term Impact evaluations of randomized early childhood interventions in Nicaragua
Early childhood text messaging program in Nicaragua: see results here
Long-term impacts of productive safety net program in Nicaragua. More information in AEA RCT registry.
More information on these and some of my other projects