Campus Jourdan – 48 Boulevard Jourdan 75014 Paris
4th floor, office 17
Phone +33(0)1 80 52 17 83
- Sectoral Regulation: health, schools, energy, transportation...
- Industrial Organisation
- Game Theory
- Mechanism Design and Economics of Contract
David Martimort holds a position as a Directeur d’Etudes at Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales and is Professor at Paris School of Economics. He holds a PHD from Toulouse University under the supervision of Jean-Jacques Laffont. He is a specialist in Incentives Theory and its applications. He coauthored with Jean-Jacques Laffont the reference textbook on the topic (“The Theory of Incentives,” 2002, Princeton Univer- sity Press). His research spans a broad area from Industrial Organization, Regulation to Development Economics, Political Economy, Public Economics and Environmental and Resource Economics, with a special emphasis on issues related to regulatory and public governance. He has published widely in the best economic journals, Econometrica, American Economic Review, The Review of Economic Studies, Journal of Economic Theory, Journal of European Economic Association, The Rand Journal of Economics, Theoretical Economics and the Journal of Public Economics. He has been Fellow of the Econometric Society and a Fellow of the European Economic Association since 2005. David Martimort has also served or still serves as an Editor or is on the boards of several important journals among which The Review of Economic Studies, The RAND Journal of Economics, Journal of Economic Theory, Econometrica, and Theoretical Economics. David Martimort has received the 2016 Prize of the Revue Economique, the 2004 Prize for the Best French Young Economist and the 1998 NYSE Award for the best paper in Market Finance. He has delivered several invited lectures in important international conferences and workshops and has been invited to give conferences and seminars at numerous places around the world.
- Baccalaureat C, Greatest Honors, Tres Bien, 1984.
- Ecole Polytechnique, France, 1986-1989.
- Diplome d’Etudes Approfondies en Economie Mathematique et Econometrie. Greatest Honors, Universite des Sciences Sociales, Toulouse, France, 1990.
- Phd Economics, Universite de Toulouse, France, 1992. Greatest Honors, “Tres Honorable avec Felicitations du Jury.” Title: “Multiprincipaux en Information Asymetrique”. Phd advisor: Jean-Jacques Laffont.
- “Agregration” in Economics (French national competition to become Full Professor),1998.
PAST and PRESENT POSITIONS
- Researcher, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France, 1992-1998.
- Research Director, Institut d’Economie Industrielle, Toulouse, France, 1993-2010.
- Research afﬁliate CEPR, 1994-.
- Research afﬁliate CES IFO, 2000-.
- Full Professor, University of Pau and Pays de l’Adour, 1998-2000.
- Full Professor, University of Toulouse 2000-2007.
- Institut Universitaire de France, Junior Member, 2002-2007.
- Research Director at Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales-Toulouse School of Economics, 2007-2010.
- Research Director at Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales-Paris School of Economics, 2010-.