PSE Full Professor
Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
Campus Jourdan – 48 Boulevard Jourdan 75014 Paris
6th floor, office 13
Phone +33(0)1 80 52 16 14
- Trade/Migration and development
- Demography and Migrations
- Political Economy and Institutions
- “Migrant inventors and the technological advantage of nations” (with Dany Bahar and Pritthwiraj Choudury), IZA Discussion Paper No 12382, May 2019. See http://ftp.iza.org/dp12382.pdf. Revise and Resubmit at Research Policy.
- “Migration and inequality in the Western African Economic and Monetary Union” (with Esther Girsberger and Romuald Méango), IZA Discussion Paper No 12048, December 2018. http://ftp.iza.org/dp12048.pdf Revise and Resubmit at Journal of Comparative Economics.
- “Does Birthplace Diversity affect Economic Complexity? Cross-country Evidence” (with Dany Bahar and Riccardo Turati), Mimeo, March 2019. Revise and Resubmit at Research Policy.
- “Migration and post-conflict reconstruction: the effect of returning refugees on export performance in the former Yugoslavia” (with Dany Bahar, Andreas Hauptmann and Cem Ozgüzel), IZA Discussion Paper No 12412, June See http://ftp.iza.org/dp12412.pdf.
- “Immigration and attitudes to redistribution in Europe (with Alberto Alesina and Elie Murard), NBER Working Paper No 25562, and IZA Discussion Paper No 12130, February 2019. See http://ftp.iza.org/dp12130.pdf
Work in progress
- “Migration, FDI and the margins of trade” (with Amandine Aubry and Ariell Reshef)
- “Assimilation and cohesiveness in a hostile environment: theory and evidence from Jewish communities in medieval Europe” (with Noel Johnson and Avi Weiss)
- “Migration and cultural change” (with Arthur Silve and Sulin Sardoschau)
- “From Exodus to Exitus: Germany, 1848-1933” (with Toman Barsbai)
- “Weather shocks and migration intentions in West Africa” (with Simone Bertoli, Frederic Docquier and Ilse Ruyssen)
- “The effect of immigration on export performance” (with Gianluca Orefice and Gianluca Santoni)
- “Tell me what you eat, I’ll tell you who you are: evidence on migrants’ integration from food consumption scanned data” (with Simone Bertoli, Fosca Giannotti, Riccardo Guidotti, Dino Pedreschi and Biagio Speciale)