Economy of old-age dependency Chair
Conférence « Elderly Care in France and in Europe »
et table-ronde « La prise en charge de la dépendance en France »
18 avril 2019, 9h - 18h30, amphithéâtre, Campus Jourdan
Colloque de la Chaire Économie de la dépendance des personnes âgées
11 Décembre 2017, de 14h à 17h30 - Salle R2-21, Campus Jourdan
L’objectif de ce colloque est de présenter les travaux réalisés par l’Institut des politiques publiques (IPP) avec l’appui scientifique de la Fondation Médéric Alzheimer (FMA) dans le cadre de la Chaire Économie de la dépendance des personnes âgées et de rassembler un panel d’experts, susceptibles de réagir à ces travaux.
- Accéder à la page dédiée à ce colloque
Challenges and objectives of the Chair
The French live longer and longer in good health so far, but a stabilization of old-age loss of autonomy is usually expected in the most recent projections. This project aims to analyze prospectively the evolution of old-age dependency prevalence and to study all the impacts associated with long-term care.
More generally, the three main objectives of the Chair are to:
- Stimulate the research in the field of the Chair, with publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Produce analyzes and studies to inform partners’ interventions with public decision-makers.
- Develop a dynamic micro-simulation module on the evolution of the dependent population, its management and its accompaniment.
- Set up a European-level comparison of the care of dependence and microsimulation models. This comparison is possible thanks to an associated European project (ANR Longlives).
Governance of the Chair
The Chair is created at PSE-Ecole d’Economie de Paris within the framework of the Institut des politiques publiques (IPP), which aims to promote the quantitative analysis and evaluation of public policies. The Chair is a privileged space for exchanges between the experts of the Fondation Médéric Alzheimer and those of PSE.
The Chair is based on different governance bodies
- A Steering Committee which defines the strategic orientations of the work of the Chair, the necessary means and validates the work plan that will follow.
- An operational monitoring team composed of experts from the Foundation and PSE.
The management of this Chair “Dépendance” is entrusted to Pierre-Yves Geoffard. Antoine Bozio, implement the decisions of the Steering Committee and ensure compliance with the operational guidelines for the creation of a tool, specific to the Chair, for dynamic micro-simulation and coupled with that of the IPP.
Funding and Partnerships
In addition to the Founding Partners, the Chair welcomes partners, institutions and companies which want to contribute to its work and funding, these partners have the status of “Major Partners” or the quality of “Associated Partners”. The Founding Partners of this Chair are PSE and the Fondation Médéric Alzheimer, which are at the origin of the creation of the Chair and its effective start in 2015.
La Banque Postale is Major Partner of this Chair and Mutex and MutRé have the status of Associated Partners.