Support specific actions
What kinds of sponsorship are possible?
A variety of types of research and teaching sponsorships are available for both firms and individuals. These allow the following activities to be financed:
- The recruitment of internationally-renowned researchers, both foreign-born who wish to work at the Foundation, and French-born who wish to “return home” and work in a top-level research environment.
- The recruitment of young researchers (Post-docs and Assistant Professors). Recruitment here is for a six-year period - in line with international practice – and aims to prepare the integration of young researchers into the French academic world.
- Masters Teaching Programmes. PSE currently offers three Masters programmes (APE, ETE and PPD) with around 250 students spread over the first and second years (M1 and M2) in partnership with top-ranked academic institutions (Universities, Engineering Schools and other institutions).
- The funding of PhD theses of one or more students for some or all of their three years of doctoral research. The research topics and objectives of these theses can be determined jointly with the institution, through CIFRE contracts or sponsorship.
- Research programmes and research groups. Sponsorship here helps to cover the permanent essential costs of running the Foundation’s research programmes.
- Visiting Researchers and Exchange Programmes, covering the costs of inviting researchers from prestigious international universities, and sending PSE researchers abroad.
Your contact : S.Riffé Stern - 01 43 13 63 54 - sylvain.riffe psemail.eu
Firms can claim back 60% of their sponsorship against company or income tax, up to a maximum of 0.5% of turnover. There is the possibility of deferring this figure over the five following tax years if the sponsorship amount exceeds 0.5% of turnover, or if the company is making a loss.
For individuals, the support is a donation and benefits from a tax reduction of 66%, applicable to the total sum of the gift, up to a maximum of 20% of taxable income. If you pay the Wealth Tax, you can benefit from a tax reduction equal to 75% of the amount of your gift to the Paris School of Economics. This tax reduction has a ceiling of 50 000€ by taxpayer per tax year.
Click here for more details of tax credits (including the relevant Tax Codes and worked examples)