PSE’s commitment to teaching was one of the missions assigned to it when the RTRA was created.
The Master’s programme includes three degrees, a generalist Master’s in Analysis and Policy in Economics (APE), an applied Master’s in Public Policy and Development (PPD), and a combined Master’s in Economics and Psychology (EP). These degrees and the doctoral programme have been approved by the Board of Directors, a condition for their accreditation by PSE.
A Master of Science, specialising in the Economic Decision and Cost Benefit Analysis (EDCBA) offers training to engineering students and economists in the evaluation of investment projects in the fields of energy, computing/digitilisation, transport and urban planning, as well as in health and sport.
Inaugurated in June 2016, the PSE Summer School offers thematic programmes in week-long training courses in June-July, for Master’s and PhD students as well as researcher-teachers from other universities and professionals working in parastatals such as the OECD, the IMF, national Treasury departments, and central banks
- APE Masters (Analysis and Policy in Economics): master-ape psemail.eu - 01 80 52 19 44
- PPD Masters (Public Policy and Development): master-ppd psemail.eu - 01 80 52 19 44
- EDCBA Master of Science (Economic Decision and Cost Benefit Analysis): master-edcba psemail.eu - 01 80 52 19 44
- Economics & Psychology Masters: master-eco-psycho.ees univ-paris1.fr - 01 44 07 83 24
Being a PhD student at PSE
The PhD program is a continuation of the Masters program. PhD students at PSE are registered at the Ecole Doctorale d’Economie ED465; this program is very demanding and the thesis must be completed within a three year period.
How to write a thesis at PSE? Students can enroll in the PSE Doctoral program once they have successfully completed one of thePSE Masters programs (APE or PPD). In order to enroll in the PhD program, a student must first have a staff member from the Paris School of Economics who has agreed to be their thesis supervisor. It is this future thesis supervisor who submits the student’s application. Please, note that direct applications from external candidates are not considered.
- More information on our PhD Program
PSE Students and Alumni awards
Each year, PSE students and Alumni are awarded national and international Prizes: the John Bates Clark Medal, the Young Economist Award, Le Prix du meilleur jeune économiste, various Young Economist awards, AFSE awards...
- See the full list
The PSE Summer School
The PSE Summer School offers research-oriented teaching by leading experts in their fields. Since 2016, it has brought together in Paris over 630 participants, representing 68 nationalities, from all over the world. The 2021 edition will take place in Paris, from June 14 to July 2:
- Discover our 8 programmes : Climate Change - Development - Experimental Economics - International Trade - Macroeconomics - Microeconometrics - Migration Economics - Industrial Organization.
- To go directly to the Application & Fees section : follow this link
- Should you have any questions, please contact us : summer-school psemail.eu
MOOC - Introduction aux méthodes d’évaluation d’impact des politiques publiques
Dauphine, IRD, PSE, PSL
MOOC - Économie de la santé
Hospinnomics, AP-HP, PSE, Centre Virchow-Villermé, Université Paris Descartes, Université de Genève, ANEO, ANR
MOOC - Addressing health challenges in Africa
J-PAL Europe, Centre Virchow-Villermé de santé publique Paris-Berlin, Université Paris Descartes, Université de Genève, ANEO, PSE-Ecole d’économie de Paris, ANR