Capstone Projects and internships
SIA (formerly known as ECDBA) promotes dialogue between academic research and new professional practices in consultancy firms, medium and large companies (real estate, banks, and insurance, pharmaceutical, energy and construction companies), regulatory authorities, the public administration (Ministry of Ecology, Ministry of Transport). The programme also fosters entrepreneurship through the creation of a consultancy firm.
- Download the 2022-2023 presentation brochure (PDF - 268 Ko)
- Capstone Projects’ examples:
- Energy Price Analysis and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO): A Comparative Study and Scenario Analysis, with Alstom (PDF - 357.7 Ko)
- Cost Benefit Analysis for free-fare ticket regional trains, with the Autorité de Régulation des Transports (ART) (PDF - 270.5 Ko)
- Economic & Strategic assessment of B2B Smart Charging through value chain analysis, with Enedis (PDF - 516.7 Ko)
2021-2022 : Capstone Projects
The capstone project mainly consists of fulfilling a consulting mandate given by a company or any other organization interested in taking advantage of the training provided by our program in economic evaluation of all types of investment projects.
It allows students to approach the realities of corporate life and includes 72 hours taught by staff and guest lecturers with extensive experience in industry. It offers a unique opportunity to learn from experts how to manage and deliver a consultancy mandate.
- Autorité de Régulation des Transports (ART)
- Tier Mobility
- World Bank
2018-2021 : Capstone Projects
- Autorité de Régulation des Transport (ART)
- Hospinomics / AP-HP
- Mairie de Paris
Examples of a Capstone Project:
- Autorité de Régulation des Transport (ART), « Cost-Beneﬁt Analysis on the Substitution of Regional Small Railway Lines with Coach Lines in France »
The capstone project offered a methodological framework and a decision support tool regarding the choice of whether to operate regional passengers transport services by train or by coach. While passengers transport services are traditionally operated by train in France, some lines face a low level of activity. Several French regions have therefore to decide whether to keep these “small” train lines, or to substitute them with coach services, which are usually cheaper than train services, but are often perceived as oﬀering a lower quality of service by users. The method aims to take into account not only the public transit authority but also all the other parties involved (users and non-users, ﬁrms, the environment).
- Lime, « A cost benefit analysis of Lime free-floating e-scooter service in Paris »
The capstone project aims at discussing and measuring the collective value free-floating e-scooters provide to Paris and Lyon in order to better understand the role they could play in the resolution of the mobility challenges these cities are facing. To that end, it develops an ex-post cost-benefit analysis, taking into account not only financial costs but also socio-economic costs and including the perspectives of different actors: operator, customers, public authority, etc.
More Capstone Projects
- Engie UK, « Multicriteria Decision Analysis of the Bristol City Leap Energy Partnership »
- Renault, « Electric Vehicule for all? A cost benefit analysis of the second-hand market solution »
- Transdev, « User Behaviour Analysis of Moovizy2 Application »
- 4-month internship: practice what you have learned during the past year
- Internship’s thesis: go beyond your internship
Where do the students do their internships?
Société Générale, Citizing, OECD, Engie, Deloitte Montréal, etc.
How to find internship opportunities
Various seminars are organised throughout the year, during which professionals will come and present their missions and projects they’ve conducted in the past years. This is the opportunity for the SIA students to directly approach organisations and potential recruiters.
In addition, two job forums take place every year: PSE holds a Job Forum at the end of the first semester of every year, where over 20 organisations come and meet with the students. The ENPC also organises, along with 3 other top schools, a Forum Trium, a meeting event for students and companies. The 2019 edition gathered over 200 companies.
PSE and the ENPC are involved in helping students find an internship
The SIA professors are truly committed in helping the students make contacts and find internships. In addition, the ENPC dedicated Career Center helps students finding a valuable internship programme with the help of the Master’s sponsors, as well as making informed decisions about career goals and find opportunities related to their professional objectives.
See the ENPC’s list of partners: http://www.enpc.fr/en/learn-about-our-partners