Marc Morgan Milá
World Inequality Lab
Campus Jourdan – 48 Boulevard Jourdan 75014 Paris
5e étage, bureau 70
Tél. 01 80 52 17 36
- Inégalités de revenus et de patrimoines
- Économie politique et institutions
- Economie politique du développement
- Histoire du développement
- Patrimoine, revenu, redistribution et fiscalité
I am a research economist at the World Inequality Lab in the Paris School of Economics, working on economic distribution and development from a measurement, historical and institutional perspective. I completed my PhD at PSE in December 2018. I was a visiting scholar at the Department of Public Policy and Intervention and the INET Oxford Martin School at the University of Oxford from January to April 2018.
- The Weight of the Rich: Improving Surveys Using Tax Data (with Thomas Blanchet & Ignacio Flores) [pdf]
- Falling Inequality vs Persistent Concentration: Reconciling Recent Evidence for Brazil from Surveys, Administrative Data and National Accounts
Distributing Growth During Late-Development: New Evidence on Long-Run Inequality in Brazil (1926-2016) (with Pedro Souza).
- Brazil Divided: Hindsights on the Growing Politicisation of Inequality (with Amory Gethin). WID.world Issue Brief 2018/3, October, 2018. [pdf].
- Rising Inequalities and Political Cleavages in Spain (with Amory Gethin and Clara Martinez-Toledano). WID.world Issue Brief 2019/4, April 2019. [pdf]. [Spanish version].
- Latin American Inequality Revisited: What can we Learn from DINA? (with Ignacio Flores and Mauricio De Rosa)
- Accounting for Capital and Wealth in Latin America (with Luis Bauluz and Ignacio Flores)
- The Transformation of Wealth in a Small Open Economy: The Case of Ireland, 1970-2016 (with Pierce Daly)
- Distributional National Accounts of Ireland (with Cian Allen and Pierce Daly)
- Inequality of Personal Wealth and Inheritance in Brazil (with Gedeão Locks)
- Catching up or Forging Ahead? Gender Inequality in Brazil in a Comparative Perspective (with Pedro Souza)
- The Long-Run Expansion of Social Spending in Brazil: A Developmentalist View of Welfare-State Growth
- Extreme Inequality: Evidence from Brazil, India, the Middle East, and South Africa (with Lydia Assouad and Lucas Chancel), American Economic Association: Papers & Proceedings, 2018, vol. 108, p. 119-123. [pdf].
- Perspectivas sobre a reforma fiscal no Brasil, in Fagnani, E. 2018 (ed). A Reforma Tributária Necessária – Menos Desigualdade: Proposta de Novo Desenho da Tributação Brasileira. São Paulo: ANFIP, FENAFISCO. [pdf of IPC-IG working paper in English]
- Desigualdade de Renda, Crescimento e Tributação da Elite no Brasil: Novas Evidências Reunindo Dados de Pesquisas Domiciliares e Dados Fiscais, in J.R. Afonso, M.R. Lukic, R.O. Orair & F.G. Silveira (eds.), Tributação e Desigualdade, Letramento & FGV Direito Rio, 2017.
- Capital, Nationality, and State Sovereignty: New Links for the 21st Century, in G.P. Lima and M.A. Madi (eds.) Capital and Justice. World Economics Association (WEA) Books, 28 June 2017.