Professeur associé à PSE
Athora Insurance Holding – Germany
- Economie financière
- Approaches to Monetary Policy Revisited – Lessons from the Crisis (with M. Jarocinski and F. Smets, eds.), European Central Bank, Frankfurt, 2012, 397 pages.
- Financial Sectors in EU Accession Countries (ed.), European Central Bank, Frankfurt, 2002, 231 pages.
- Australia – Benefiting from Economic Reform (with A. Singh, R. Brooks and J. Felman), International Monetary Fund, Washington, 1998, 154 pages.
- Development of capital stock and assets in East Germany: the long road to unity of living conditions (in German), J.C.B. Mohr, Tübingen, 1996, 223 pages.
PAPERS & ARTICLES
- “Uniformity versus Stability in Global Finance”, Lecture at the Oxford Martin School, Oxford University (18 November 2015)
- “The Microeconomic Dimensions of the Eurozone Crisis and Why European Politics Cannot Solve Them”, Journal of Economic Perspectives, vol. 29 (2015) no. 3, p. 141-164.
- “Systemic Features of Insurance and Banking, and the Role of Leverage, Capital and Loss Absorption”, The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, vol. 40 (2015), p. 359-384.
- “The Economics of Insurance, its Borders with Finance and Implications for Systemic Regulation”, CESifo Working Paper No. 5207 (2015).
- “How Insurers Differ from Banks: A Primer on Systemic Regulation”, The London School of Economics Systemic Risk Centre Special Paper No 3 (2014).
- “Competitiveness and the way out of the crisis in the euro area” (in German), Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik (Review of the German Economic Association), vol. 14 (2013), p. 240-261.
- “Proximity in Coalition Building” (with J. Reynaud and L. Gatarek), Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics, vol. 3 (2011), p. 111-132.
- “The external and domestic side of macroeconomic adjustments in China” (with R. Straub), Journal of Asian Economics, vol. 21 (2010), p. 425-444.
- “External Imbalances and the US Current Account: How Supply-Side Changes Affect an Exchange Rate Adjustment" (with P. Engler and M. Fidora), Review of International Economics, vol. 17 (2009), p. 927-941.
- “The Transmission of Emerging Market Shocks to Global Equity Markets” (with L. Cuadro and M. Fratzscher), Journal of Empirical Finance, vol. 16 (2009), p. 2-19.
- “Strengthening the Governance of the IMF: How a dual board structure could raise the effectiveness and legitimacy of a key global institution” (with C. Just and R. Ritter), Global Governance, vol. 15 (2009), p. 187-193.
- “Global Roles of Currencies”, International Finance, vol. 11 (2008), p. 211-245.
- “Home Bias in Global Bond and Equity Markets: The Role of Real Exchange Rate Volatility” (with M. Fidora and M. Fratzscher), Journal of International Money and Finance, vol. 26 (2007), p. 631-655.
- “The search for Columbus’ egg: finding a new formula to determine quotas at the IMF” (with M. Skala and R. Wölfinger), ECB Occasional Paper no. 70, August 2007.
- “Managing Financial Crises in Emerging Market Economies: Experience with the Involvement of Private Sector Creditors” (with ESCB working group), ECB Occasional Paper no. 32, 2005.
- “Real Convergence, Economic Dynamics and the Adoption of the Euro in the New EU Member States”, in S. Schadler (ed.), Euro Adoption in Central and Eastern Europe, International Monetary Fund, 2005.
- “Official Dollarisation/Euroisation: Motives, Features and Policy Implications of current cases” (with A. Winkler, F. Mazzaferro and C. Nerlich), ECB Occasional Paper no. 11, 2004.
- “The acceding countries’ strategies towards ERM II and the euro: an analytical review” (with P. Backé et al.), ECB Occasional Paper no. 10, 2004.
- “On the sustainability of euroisation/dollarisation regimes: How Important are Fiscal Transfers, Offshore Finance and Tourism Receipts?” (with F. Mazzaferro and A. Winkler), Comparative Economic Studies vol. 45 (2003), p. 421-436.
- “Inflation dynamics and dual inflation in accession countries: a ‘New Keynesian’ perspective” (with O. Arratibel and D. Rodriguez-Palenzuela), ECB Working Paper no. 132, March 2002.
- “Economic relations with regions neighbouring the euro area in the 'euro-time zone' ” (with F. Mazzaferro et al.), ECB Occasional Paper no. 7, 2002.
- “The Effective Exchange Rates of the Euro” (with L. Buldorini and p. Makrydakis), ECB Occasional Paper no. 2, February 2002.
- “Expansionary Effects of Fiscal Consolidation: The Role of Expectations and Interest Rates in the Case of Denmark” (with V. De Bonis), Public Finance Review vol. 27 (1999), p. 624-647.
- “From Generosity to Sustainability: The Austrian Pension System and Options for its Reform” (with M. Koch), Empirica vol. 26 (1999), p. 21-38.
- “Investing in Terra Incognita: Waiting and Learning” (with M. Thum), Economic Systems vol. 22 (1998), p. 1-22.
- “Empirical Determinants of Household Saving: Evidence from OECD Countries” (with T. Callen), IMF Working Paper 97/181, 1997.
- “Private Saving in Southeast Asia and Latin America Compared: Searching for Policy Lessons” (with A. Dayal-Gulati), in: J. Hicklin et al. (eds.), Macroeconomic Issues Facing the ASEAN Countries. International Monetary Fund, Washington 1997, p. 102-122.
- “Effective Taxation of Social Assistance Recipients in Germany and the Consequences of the 1996 Tax Reform”, Konjunkturpolitik, vol. 42 (1996), p. 299-326.
- “Is Capital ‘Overaccumulated’ in Switzerland? - An Application of the Golden Rule of Capital Accumulation”, in: International Monetary Fund, Switzerland: Selected Background Issues, 1996.
- “Eastern Germany and the Conflict between Wage Adjustment, Investment and Employment” (with M. Breitner), Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv vol. 131 (1995), p. 446-469.
- “The Equalization of Living Conditions in the New German States and the Role of Private Wealth” (in German), Staatswissenschaften und Staatspraxis 6 (1995), p. 83-110.
- “Consequences for the OECD Countries from Reforms in Eastern Europe” (with R. Holzmann and A. Petz), Empirica vol. 21 (1994), p. 141-196.
- SUERF Conference proceedings 2016/3 "The SSM at 1", (2016), p.79-86