PSE seeks to recruit its future Director f/m
The Paris School of Economics
A joint initiative of the CNRS, the École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales, the École Normale Supérieure, the École des Ponts-ParisTech, INRA, and the University Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne, PSE – Paris School of Economics brings together a community of 140 researchers and about 200 PhD students, all located on its Paris-Jourdan campus. The RePEc research ranking places PSE 7th among economics department worldwide, second in Europe, and first in France. In partnership with its founders, the School offers a range of courses at the Masters and PhD levels, a summer school, and newer, short professional training programs. PSE pays great attention to interactions with the other social sciences and strives to develop strong links with all spheres of society, including public administration, private businesses, national and international institutions, and more broadly, the media and the general public.
Role of the Director
PSE is a young institution, having just celebrated its tenth anniversary.
Its future Director will be expected to give new momentum to its development and lead it to new heights, notably by:
- Increasing its international profile;
- Intensifying its relations with private institutions and companies;
- Bringing in new resources to fund research and teaching programs;
- Mobilizing the scientific community around its long-term goals;
- Fostering high-level junior and senior recruitments with a view to enhancing its attractiveness and reputation.
To succeed in this new role, she/he must have:
- An established reputation for scientific leadership in economics (which she/he will be able to develop further in this new position);
- A strong international network;
- A track record in leading academic projects;
- Great management and communication skills;
- Ideally, a good knowledge of the French higher education system.
The role and remuneration of the position of director will be structured according to the profile of the selected candidate. Notably, it may be combined with an appointment in one of our founding institutional partners.
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivation please submit your CV with a covering letter to the recruiting committee at recruit-director psemail.eu. You will hear from us in February. Interviews with the short-listed candidates will be conducted in March-April 2018.
Closing date for applications: January 31, 2018
The position is available from January 1, 2019 for a 5-year renewable mandate. Earlier or later appointments may also be considered.