NGO campaign data
PSE provides access for academics to the Sigwatch (1) NGO campaign data; it lists for the period 2010-2015, all campaigns by NGOs in 103 different countries, against multinational firms. A “5 papers... in 5 minutes!” synthesis has been written on this subject in June 2017.
The following databases, properties of Sigwatch, are available:
- Raw yearly files on NGO campaigns;
- Replication dataset compiled by Pamina Koenig (2).
How to get them?
1. Download this word document.
2. Fill in the information needed.
3. Send it to pamina.koenig psemail.eu.
4. Confirm reception of the database.
5. Cite the reference documents.
Reference documents to mention
- “The Geography of NGO Activism against Multinational Corporations”, Sophie Hatte and Pamina Koenig - PSE Working Paper 2017-17. Link to the paper
- “Notes on Sigwatch’s NGO campaign database” - PSE Working Paper.
(1) Sigwatch tracks and analyses activist campaigns to help business manage global issue and activist risk - http://www.sigwatch.com
(2) PSE Affiliate Professor and Professor at the Rouen University - https://www.parisschoolofeconomics.eu/fr/koenig-pamina/