The Master of Science SIA offers a wide range of career opportunities. It aims at training executives working in private and public sectors in jobs related to project evaluation and management.
Upon graduating from the MSc SIA program, you will have acquired technical skills and expertise in impact assessment methods, and in particular the socio-economic evaluation of infrastructure projects, through a generalist course that deliberately covers several sectors at the heart of the energy transition.
In particular, you will be able to:
- Carry out investment economic evaluation analysis in various fields through advanced analytical techniques.
- Design investment strategies and manage infrastructure projects.
- Assess the suitability of each evaluation method according to the sector, available data and purpose of the evaluation.
- Apply computational and statistical methods to analyse data and to manage databases.
- Report results in a clear and understandable manner to support decision making.
“Economic evaluation and cost-benefit analysis require both analytical skills and knowledge on practical implementation. This new Master programme carried by two institutions of academic excellence will train the needed experts while helping them to diffuse among public and private actors the economic evaluation’s culture and know-how.” Roger Guesnerie, Professor of Economics, Collège de France - PSE
The MSc has received the support of large organizations, public and private, which provide internships and expressed the will to reinforce skilled staff ready to face a fast changing economic and financial world.
A dedicated Career Center helps you find an enriching internship program with the help of the Master’s Sponsors, as well as make informed decisions about career goals and opportunities related to their professional objectives.
Taking advantage of the Alumni network of the Paris School of Economics and the École des Ponts ParisTech, the MSc SIA attracts several leading companies, agencies, public institutions to deliver presentations. This encourages interaction and helps you develop your professional network.
The skills acquired enables students to work in Europe and abroad in:
- Assistant to Contracting Authority firms
- Construction, IT, health, energy, water, real estate, natural resources industry
- Development Banks or equivalent
- Financial institutions and Banks
- Investment Funds for Infrastructure
- Leading consulting firms
- Public sector institutions and administration