Economics for everybody
PSE and its scholarly community have, from the beginning, promoted the notion of “economics serving society”.
For more than 10 years, Paris School of Economics has regularly highlighted the work of its researchers through “Economics for everyone”.
This month, “Economy for everyone” becomes “Economics for everybody”. Furthermore, it will now offer a thematic approach. Works related to different themes will be presented for about 6 weeks, with one publication per week.
The ambition remains the same: to make the research work carried out at PSE and its laboratories accessible to everybody.
From now on, you will find on this page our contributions in the form of articles, interviews, infographics, comics, podcasts... to better understand together the economic issues and challenges of tomorrow.
To receive our invitations, newsletters and so on: follow this link.
Thematic file n°1: International Migrations
Sarah Schneider-Strawczynski, Ph.D. student from Paris School of Economics and the university Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne in 2021, studies the impact of the (...)
The OPReF survey interviewed 2,632 beneficiaries of international protection in France between November 2020 and April 2021, who were granted asylum in (...)
Liam Wren-Lewis, Professor at PSE and Research Scientist at the INRAE, studies the impact of ethnic diversity from childhood on future relationships (...)
Katrin Millock takes the floor to enlighten us on the subject of climate migration. She discusses the causes, the stakes, and the consequences related to (...)
The analysis of international migration is a matter for several fields of social science: demography, geography, sociology, economics, and political (...)
Discover our events for the general public
Among the scores of events organised each year by PSE, several lectures are open to everyone - register here to receive invitations and access the lectures on our youtube account. (if you wish to access the full agenda, follow this link)
Our researchers in the media & on the bookshelves
PSE researchers have a high profile in the news – in print media, on the radio and on television, national and international, and on the (real or virtual) bookshelves. Their contributions shine scientific light on a wide range of subjects.
- On the daily level, you are invited to follow us on social media, in particular on Twitter : https://twitter.com/pseinfo.
- A annual press review is also available (articles, interviews...)
- Books aimed at the general public and students: each year, our economists edit several publications on various topics, designed for a general readership.
Actions supported by the PSE
- Le Printemps de l’économie: since 2013, PSE has been a partner in this annual Paris-region event that brings together hundreds of citizens and lycee students.
- Les Journées de l’économie: also since 2013, PSE has been a partner of the JECO, organized in the city of Lyon, where thousands of participants gather each year.
- PSE supports Regards croisés sur l’économie (RCE) which aims to bridge the gap between academic research and public debate.
Access the past work of our researchers
- “5 papers... in 5 minutes !”: a regular selection of abstracts of recent academic articles, edited in a short and accessible format.
- PSE newsletter: a trimestral publication giving you access to the latest research conducted by PSE, and also to older material such as interviews with invited guests.
- “A word from...”: interviews on various subjects of current interest.
- In the news: some scientific work that had a large echo in the media.
These actions are co-funded by a French government subsidy managed by the Agence Nationale de la Recherche under the framework of the Investissements d’avenir programme reference ANR-17-EURE-0001.