Jourdan Campus (PSE/ENS)
Browse the picture Gallery
Watch the movie introducing the Jourdan campus
How to get here?
2007 - The Ile-de-France region, for the greater part, and the city of Paris and the French state for the rest, decided to fund the construction of a new building on the Jourdan campus, for the PSE and the ENS.
2011 - The TVAA agency (Thierry Van de Wyngaert, Véronique Feigel Associated Architects) proposed an ambitious and elegant project in the architectural tradition of its immediate environment.
2017 - The construction, which began in autumn 2013, ends in the beginning of 2017, when the PSE community will be gathered into a single campus (#campusjourdan). The inauguration was February, 23 2017 (read this news). In 2017, PSE also celebrates its 10-year Anniversary!
- € 49 million (All Expenditure Mixed): € 31.5 million Région Ile-de-France, € 14.5 million State, € 3 million Paris City Hall
- New building of 12,500 m² (on a 1-hectare campus): 6300 m² PSE, 3900 m² ENS, 2300 m² common - including an amphitheater of 300 places, a SHS library of 870 m² with more than 50,000 books, a student home ...
- Nearly 2,000 users expected: students, teachers, researchers and administrators ENS and PSE.
- The building is certified “Bâtiments Tertiaires Démarche HQE / Label BBC Effinergie”
On February the 23rd, 2017, the new ENS-PSE building of more than 12,000 m², situated on the Jourdan campus in the 14th arrondissement of Paris, has been officially inaugurated by President François Hollande. Also present were the minister for schools and higher education and research Najat Vallaud-Belkacem, the mayor of Paris, Anne Hidalgo, and president of the Regional Council for the Île de France, Valérie Pécresse.
- Read the press release February 23rd, 2017
- See the inauguration press review
- Relive the official inaugural ceremony of the Jourdan campus in video or through a pictures selection
- Monthly pictures and final pictures of the building site
- Maquette et projet 3D; as well as 3 years of construction in 20 pictures
- Interview - 3 questions à Odile Hagenmüller (Ile-de-France) et Thierry Van de Wyngaert (TVAA)
- Time-lapse of a part of the construction (February > October 2015)