Economics for everybody
Paris School of Economics and its scholarly community have, from the beginning, promoted the notion of “economics serving society”.
For more than 10 years, PSE has regularly highlighted the work of its researchers through “Economics for everyone”.
In 2022, “Economy for everyone” becomes “Economics for everybody”. Furthermore, it will now offer a thematic approach. Works related to different themes will be presented for about 6 weeks, with one publication per week.
The ambition remains the same: to make the research work carried out at PSE and its laboratories accessible to everybody.
From now on, you will find on this page our contributions in the form of articles, interviews, infographics, comics, podcasts... to better understand together the economic issues and challenges of tomorrow.
To receive our invitations, newsletters and so on: follow this link.
Thematic file n°2: Inflation and purchasing power
Discover the Economics for everybody infographic elaborated from a survey on the well-being of French people regarding their standard of living by Mathieu (...)
Philippe Askenazy and Thomas Breda present their diagnosis and answer questions about inflation and its consequences on purchasing power, and more (...)
Discover our second Economics for everybody comic book panel : « Rising prices and energy shortages : how to deal with it ? » inspired by Nicolas Astier’s (...)
Discover the second infographic from Economics for everybody dedicated to inflation and food prices. This infographic is attached to a summary note by (...)
Pierre-Cyrille Hautcoeur enlightens us on the historical dimension of inflation: its origins, its relationship to the economy and its consequences on the (...)
We see it every time we go to the supermarket or the gas station: prices have risen considerably in recent months. Inflation is felt all the more strongly (...)
Events for the general public
Among the scores of events organised each year by PSE, several lectures are open to everyone - register here to receive invitations and access the lectures on our youtube account. (if you wish to access the full agenda, follow this link)
Videos on the Nobel Prize in Economics
Watch our videos highlighting the work of Nobel Prize-winning researchers in economics.
Researchers on the bookshelves
Books aimed at the general public and students: each year, our economists edit several publications on various topics, designed for a general readership.
Actions supported by PSE
- Le Printemps de l’économie: since 2013, PSE has been a partner in this annual Paris-region event that brings together hundreds of citizens and lycee students.
- Les Journées de l’économie: also since 2013, PSE has been a partner of the JECO, organized in the city of Lyon, where thousands of participants gather each year.
- PSE supports Regards croisés sur l’économie (RCE) which aims to bridge the gap between academic research and public debate.
Past work of our researchers
- “5 papers... in 5 minutes !”: a regular selection of abstracts of recent academic articles, edited in a short and accessible format.
- PSE newsletter: a trimestral publication giving you access to the latest research conducted by PSE, and also to older material such as interviews with invited guests.
- “A word from...”: interviews on various subjects of current interest.
- In the news: some scientific work that had a large echo in the media.
These actions are co-funded by a French government subsidy managed by the Agence Nationale de la Recherche under the framework of the Investissements d’avenir programme reference ANR-17-EURE-0001.