The Paris School of Economics is a French research institute of international standing in Economics, at the forefront in many different Economic domains and proposes selective teaching programmes in Master, PhD, Summer School and Executive education. It currently includes more than 140 faculty, 220 Masters students and 180 PhD students in residence. The School is engaged in a novel project to participate in both the elaboration of sophisticated tools of economic analysis, and their application to policy at both the public and private level.
- PSE was born in December 2006, following a careful restructuring of French research in the economic and social sciences. It was one of the first 13 “Fondations de Coopération Scientifiques” (Scientific Research Foundations) of the RTRA programme.
- The Paris School of Economics represents a focal point for the best French and foreign researchers in Economics, winners of numerous Awards and Research Grants.
- PSE proposes courses and programmes at the forefront of the discipline: four Masters (APE, EP, PPD, EDCBA), a Doctoral programme, a Summer School and executive education courses. PSE Alumni are working all over the world and are regularly awarded for their work and/or career.
- The School contributes to an original and thriving research culture by maintaining close contacts with both public and private decision-makers, through many partnerships, research chairs and groups and expertise contracts. PSE is also developing and hosting numerous projects, notably 5 research centers.
- PSE is very well-known in a wide variety of domains (Public Policy, International Trade, Risk and Insurance, Network Economics, Development, Labour Economics, etc.).
- The substantial number of conferences/workshops and seminars organised make PSE a hub for interactions between researchers. PSE also facilitates meetings between economists and policy-makers regarding current Economic issues and questions. The aim is to encourage a better diffusion of Economic culture in France. PSE also offers numerous tools and actions under the banner “Economics for everyone”.
- In 2010, as part of the “Grand Emprunt”, PSE, along with a number of partners, won approval from the jury for two of its projects: D-FIH (Historical Financial Data) and OSE (Opening Economics).
- In 2017, won the approval of the « Ecoles universitaires de recherche » (PIA3). The « Paris Graduate School of Economics » will receive 15,8 M€ in the next 10 years. More about this project.
- Synapse and Alumni PSE are the two associations in charge of student life and the alumni network respectively: more information